Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
- If you are purchasing the skydive for yourself, you will be asked to pay a £55 non-refundable deposit to secure your place. The cost of your training and the jump must be paid to the parachute centre either on the day of your training or 7 days before (depending on which parachute centre you decide to jump at). This payment is then totally non-refundable including if you do not jump due to unsuitable weather conditions or any other conditions which are out of the control of the parachute centre.
- Once you have booked your skydive with Skydive St George Ltd, hereafter referred to as SSG Ltd and we have booked a specific date and time with a parachute centre, your contract is then with the parachute centre and you will automatically become bound by the terms and conditions that individual operator may have.
- If you are buying a Gift Voucher the full cost of the jump must be prepaid. SSG Ltd will pass on the cost of your jump and all associated training will be passed onto the parachute centre, who are solely responsible for these elements. All gift vouchers are non-refundable and must be redeemed within 6 months. They can be transferred to another person within this period.
- All booking deposits are completely non-refundable and are payable to SSG Ltd and cover various costs including without limitation, assisting you to find an airfield where you may carry out your jump and in the case of gift vouchers the design and printing of the voucher.
- Should the weather be unsuitable for jumping on the day, it will be up to the jumper to reschedule their skydive with the parachute centre that they are booked in with. The jumper must adhere to the rescheduling Terms and Conditions of the parachute centre.
- The parachute centre may charge a fee for any cancellations or rebooks. Please read their terms and conditions once you have booked your date.
- SSG Ltd acts as your agent in arranging your skydive and not as the agent for the parachute centre.
- SSG Ltd use only those parachute centres which are affiliated to the British Parachute Association as the National Governing Body of the sport. Accordingly, no representations or warranties of any kind are made by SSG Ltd as to the suitability, capability, quality of training or operation of any parachute centre. Any queries or complaints with regards to these aspects should be referred to the parachute centre concerned.
The maximum weight limit at most parachute centres is 15 stone (95 kg), but please refer to the terms and conditions of the specific parachute centre you are booking at. Also note that your weight needs to be in proportion to height and, if you are close to the limit, conditions need to be suitable on the day of the jump, which may lead to delays.
In the UK, 16 years old is the minimum legal age to participate in skydiving. However, if you are under 18 you must have parental or guardian consent. There is no upper age limit for Tandem Skydives.
It is important that any person undertaking a skydive is fit to do so. All parachute centres are required to have a Declaration of Fitness for every person who jumps with them, in line with the requirements of the British Parachute Association. If you are lucky enough to be fit and healthy, and have not suffered from any of the medical conditions listed on the BPA Student Tandem Parachute Declaration Form (115A), you can declare yourself as fit to jump using BPA Form 115A. However, if you suffer from a medical condition or take any prescription medication specified in Form 115A, it is a legal requirement that your GP certifies you as fit to skydive by signing and stamping BPA Form 115B – Tandem Student Parachutist Doctor’s Medical Certificate. If you’re still unsure, get in touch!
On arrival at the parachute centre, you will be issued with British Parachute Association Third Party Insurance. This covers you for any damage done to third party property but does not cover you for personal injury. It is your responsibility to take out personal insurance.
Parachuting is an adventure sport and participation in such sports can involve a risk of injury or death regardless of the standard of training, supervision and equipment employed. By taking part in a skydive, you voluntarily accept all the risks inherent in the sport and agree to indemnify and hold harmless SSG Ltd against any claim or claims whether on your own account or from third parties arising out of any accident or incident resulting in any loss or damage (including bodily injury and death). By completing your booking, you are confirming that you have read all the above sections marked Booking Terms and Conditions, Medical Restrictions, Insurance, and Important Notice, and understand and agree to be bound to those terms and conditions and to comply fully with the same.